Iron Speed Technical Forums
Register Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
mudebate

Registered:
Posts: 7
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello,

I'm working in 10.X. 

As I have done many times before I added a new table to my database and added a new field to a database table already in use in my Iron Speed application. I created a foreign key from that new field to the new table. 

When I went to scan my database scheme for changes I get an error box with the title "Unable to scan for database scheme changes." Inside the alter box I see the message "The given key was not present in the dictionary."

I'm lost on howto even begin troubleshooting this error. Most of the stuff I've found on the net is specific to visual studio. I've not even opened this app in VA at all. 

Can anyone offer guidance? 

Thanks, 
mudebate

__________________
Using ISD v. 8.02
mudebate

Registered:
Posts: 7
Reply with quote  #2 
I found a solution, though it may be somewhat inelegant. I opened the tablename.xml file in the Data Access Layer folder and just deleted the new column from the file. I then opened the app again in ISD and did a new scan.
__________________
Using ISD v. 8.02
Kirill

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 223
Reply with quote  #3 
It works on our end, we tested this particular scenario on 10.2 among hundreds others. So maybe you can open support case so we can look at your schema?
miles

Avatar / Picture

MVP Consultant
Registered:
Posts: 1,656
Reply with quote  #4 
Try creating a sample application to see if you can reproduce the behaviour.  I have not had that issue before either.

HTH,

__________________
Miles Gibson, MScIS
Iron Speed MVP
Senior Consultant, Principal
Milestone Software Inc.

http://www.ironspeedmvp.com\localizer 
Email: miles@milestone.ca
Milestone Localizer: Full Localization for your Iron Speed applications!
Kirill

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 223
Reply with quote  #5 
I tried, works.
Can you open support case please and provide details such as framework, schema, database, etc.
bowskill

Registered:
Posts: 60
Reply with quote  #6 
I got this same error using version 12.0 and 12.01. When trying to scan the database for changes I also got the "The given key was not present in the dictionary" error and the scan stopped without discovering changes.

I am not sure what I did to bring it on but this post above is the only clue I could get - that it had something to do with a recent combination of changes I had made to foreign keys or something.

To solve the problem, I created a new application using the same database. Then I copied *.xml files from the Data Access Layer folder of the new app to the Data Access Layer of the old app. All fixed.

John
miles

Avatar / Picture

MVP Consultant
Registered:
Posts: 1,656
Reply with quote  #7 
They fixed a bunch of issues with Oracle DB scanning/synching in 12.2.0.  Have you tried that version?

HTH

__________________
Miles Gibson, MScIS
Iron Speed MVP
Senior Consultant, Principal
Milestone Software Inc.

http://www.ironspeedmvp.com\localizer 
Email: miles@milestone.ca
Milestone Localizer: Full Localization for your Iron Speed applications!
nestor

Registered:
Posts: 116
Reply with quote  #8 
Just ran into this problem too, using 12.1 (MS SQL)

I deleted the pages and supporting files for a particular table because I kept getting the following error
Capture.PNG
The code shouldn't be trying to insert an explicit value.  The table is defined like all others with an IDENTITY ID, yet for some reason ISD wants to insert the ID.  Resynching the database did nothing, nor did changing IDENTITY_INSERT to NO.  But this is a whole different issue.

I deleted the files in the hope that I could recreate the pages/files correctly. 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Download Iron Speed Designer

Terms of Service Privacy Statement